A Kind of KFC Coleslaw Recipe
The KFC Cole Slaw recipe is certainly on of the better Cole Slaw recipes around. You might want to try making it yourself and you can find a few good versions of the recipe online, and here is a knock off version. It may not be quite like the original, but some people actually prefer it more.
Ingredients for the salad dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk – your choice of %
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt – can be reduced if needed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper – according to taste
Ingredients for the Cabbage portion of the slaw:
1. Chop cabbage into chunks and run through your food processor, or chop fine.
2. Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a large bowl, whisk well.
3. Combine cabbage, carrots, and onion and toss well. Pour dressing over the slaw and turn to coat well.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving to allow the cabbage to soak up the marinade. Overnight is best.
The recipes serves approx from 10 to 12 people depending on portion size.
Here is an alternative recipe that you could try as well.
- 4 1/2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 6 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 carrots
- 2 heads cabbage