Desktop Magnifying Glass: What Does it Do?
Desktop magnifying glass is a perfect solution for people who’s having trouble with their visions, craft works that needed a closer view like stitching and knitting and other necessity like inspecting tiny objects, dentistry and other medical stuff, and computer screen enlargement. It has a magnifying glass which does all the zooming task leaving your pupil relaxed and it comes with a lighting feature which prevents your eyes from straining when there isn’t enough light in the room.
Desktop magnifying glass is the replacement for low performing lampshades who can’t stay still in one position. It is also very handy, most of desktop magnifying glass are small which is easy to move around the house. It is also energy saving since most of the small desktop magnifying glass is battery powered, however it is important that you buy a battery charge so that you will not buy batteries on a weekly basis.
Desktop Magnifying Glass: Kinds and Purposes
Desktop magnifying glass can be classified into two kinds, the one with lighting features and the other with magnification power only. Every desktop magnifying glass comes in different forms, shapes and sizes which is designed for specific needs.
Let us first discuss the products under non-lighted desktop magnifying glass:
- The Fresnel Desktop Magnifying Glass. It has a magnification power of up to 3x, the weight is 3.3 lbs which usually accumulates on the base and the lens is approximately 12.25″x 7″ flat. The arms can be stretched all the way down to its base and it can also be clamped depending on your desired viewing needs like for example a computer screen magnifier.
- The Clamp-on Desktop Magnifying Glass. The magnification power is up to 2x and the lens is about 90mm. It is very light weight (6 oz). This desktop magnifying glass has an inter changeable magnetic base and comes along with a soft pouch and a magnetic base stand.
- Desktop Magnifying or Hand Magnifier. Magnification power is 2.5x to 10x with an 85 mm lens. It can be held with hands or hands free use since it has a built in fold out stand. This device includes a soft padded zipper pouch for lens protection.
Now lets move on to the desktop magnifying glass with light features:
- Clamp on Lighted Desk Magnifying Glass. This desktop magnifying lens is powered by LED lights. It has a magnification power of up to to times, 110 mm lens and weight of 5.6 oz. The only disadvantage of this type of desktop magnifying glass is its battery powered, therefore you have to find some quality button cell batteries for it to last long.
- Dual Use Hand or Lighted Desk Magnifying Glass. Another battery powered desktop magnifying glass which can be handheld or used hands free with its built in stand. It has a magnification power of up to 4x which can provide detailed view of images.
- TV Desktop Magnifying Glass – This is a very cool device which aesthetic is similar to a computer mouse the only difference is it has a powerful magnifying lens beneath it. Just simply attach this battery powered lens in the video input on your television then watch the magic happens. This is awesome on huge screen flat screen TVs.