Bike Stands Storage for Repair
Home made bike stands storage were no longer used by home mechanics. Aside from it is poorly constructed, it wasn’t able to clamp the bike on place during repair sessions.
There are five main types of bike stands storage which mechanics can choose from. The most important matter that you should consider is the portability of the bike stands storage. If you are going to travel a lot then might as well choose a lightweight easy to load bike stands storage for repairs.
Types of Bike Stands Storage
Here are the classifications of bike stands storage along with their purposes and price range to help you select the best one for you.
- Miniature Bike Stands Storage. These are the least expensive among other types of bike stands storage. But since its cheap the features are limited, but the good thing though is its capable of holding the bike upright. These bike stands storage are highly recommended for just a simple home repair. This is very beneficial for people who are a bit short on budget.
- Race Bike Stands Storage. Well it is obviously designed for professional cyclists and bike racers. This design is very lightweight therefore it is convenient to bring along during tournaments. These bike stands storage have a bottom bracket and dropout mounts. One of the advantage of the race stand is it doesn’t put too much pressure when clamping the frames leaving it scratch free and damage free.
- Spring Clamp Bike Stands Storage. Most popular and preferred design of most home mechanics. The spring clam which are easy to use while holding the bike with one arm is the main feature of this product. The spring clamp automatically applies pressure to keep the bike secure but still keeping your bikes free from damage and scratch. The spring clamp bike stand is able to hold all bikes of different sizes even those with odd frames. This bike stand is also easy to store on one of your cabinet when not in use.
- Screw-Down Bike Stands Storage. This model is quite similar to the first one, the only thing they differ is with the clamp pressure. In this bike stand the clamping pressure can be adjusted manually. Some prefer this bike stand when dealing with thin walled and light weight bikes. This model is also light weight and portable. Can be easily stored and transported in your vehicle.
- Big Sturdy Shop Bike Stands. These are highly suggested for heavy duty bike mechanics who are working with bikes all day, and not for simple ones. It has a heavy base which is perfect for stable repairs. This model are really expensive therefore if you down own a bike repair shop in your home then its better to stay away from this one.
Those are the five types of bike stands storage for repairmen. Know you know their uses, it is important to decide what particular model are you looking for before heading in the store. Plus always set your budget straight to prevent overspending.