Magnifying Glasses for Reading: Introduction
The first magnifying glasses were invented by Roger Bacon in the year 1200. Bacon is an Englishman scientist who needed a much closer view when doing an experiment with smaller objects, that inspired him to invent the first ever magnifying glass. His colleagues also benefited with his invention.
Today magnifying glasses was transformed to a modern and high tech level. Different hardware stores and appliance centers are offering magnifying glasses that comes along with a built in fluorescent or LED lights. However the good old fashioned magnifying glasses for reading purposes are still handy for those people who are not technically inclined and saving money since these new magnifying glasses with lights can be a little bit costly.
Magnifying glasses for reading can also be used for craft works like embroidery, livelihood such as jewelry making and as a science experiment in a laboratory. There are also magnifying glasses for reading which have a lens that is customized according to your eyesight problems, for example: nearsighted, farsighted and astigmatism cases. Using these kind of magnifying glasses for reading will be much more helpful so than using ordinary ones, just visit your nearest optical clinic and inquire if they are offering this product.
There are also magnifying glasses for reading which is made of plastic. This is suitable for all ages, most especially to children since this kind of magnifying glasses for reading aren’t unbreakable when accidentally dropped. It performs the same duties of the glass made, however the only disadvantage with plastic is that can be easily scratched. Once it was scratched, you might feel the need to replace it because every time you will be using it the scratches will annoy you.
Magnifying Glasses for Reading Versus Magnifying Lens with Light
- Magnifying glasses for reading does not require an electricity to function.
- Magnifying lens with light needs an electricity for the lighting features.
- Magnifying glasses for reading can’t be used without the lights on.
- Magnifying lens with light can be used even the entire lights in the house are closed since it has its own unique lighting system which is either a fluorescent or LED.
- Magnifying glasses for reading needs a hand grip which can be strenuous when reading a newspaper.
- Magnifying lens with light can function hands free. It has adjustable and modifiable arms which you can place in different positions and stays fixed. You can enjoy reading without the hassle of holding anything but your book.
- Magnifying glasses for reading has limited magnification features.
- Magnifying lens with light can have up t0 8x magnification power.
- Magnifying glasses for reading are small, light weight and easy to carry on during camping, out of town travel and when playing bingo.
- Magnifying lens with light can be heavy, tall and cannot exist without source of electricity.
- Magnifying glasses for reading is cheaper.
- Magnifying lens with light is quite expensive, therefore intense care and proper handling should be implemented. But the good thing about it is that the lens is replaceable.