Another one of those simple and yet money saving ideas. You can use this for spices, seasonings and more. Try it out!
Worlds Easiest Chocolate Cake Recipes
Having a simple chocolate cake recipe handy can be a life saver in a crunch. If you have friends coming over and want to serve a snack, then the Worlds Easiest Chocolate Cake Recipes will come in quite handy. When your kids bring friends over or want a dessert after school, these easy chocolate cake recipes will be excellent. The other great thing about these recipes is that it’s likely that you have all the ingredients on hand. At the bottom, there are also several substitutions if there is an ingredient you are out of.
Dead Simple Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prep an 8″ round cake tin by greasing the insides with butter and adding a spoonful of flour. Tilt the pan and make sure that all the flour is coated, shake off the excess.
- Mix together the sugar, yogurt, oil and vanilla in one bowl until combined. In another bowl, blend together the flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa. Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir until just mixed. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon into prepared cake tin and smooth out the top. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes and then invert on a wire rack until totally cool. Turn it back top side up. Frost and sprinkle as needed.
- If you do not have any plain yogurt you can use 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks to provide the moisture and binding agents. You can also substitute if with 1/2 cup of mayo.
- Adjust the amount of dark chocolate cocoa powder to your liking.
- Oil – you can use almost any kind of cooking oil you have available.