Bike Trailer Hitch
Bike trailer hitch is one of the types of bike carriers for cars. Cars, SUV’s or pick up trucks that has a readily available trailer hitch at the back of their vehicle usually prefer this type of bike carriers.
Bike Trailer Hitch Yakima Product Specification and Reviews
The Yakima Holdup 2 Bike Hitch Rack. The rear wheel cradle has an adjustable straps that will fit on almost all types and size of wheels and tires. This bike trailer hitch does not require removal of the front wheel when mounting plus there are less contact on the frames. It includes the 6 ft cable which are needed for locking both rack and bike. The receiver hitch size are available from 1.25 inch to 2 inches. This type of bike trailer hatch weights 49 pounds and can transport 2 bicycles.
- This bike trailer hitch is stable and cause only minimal sways during rough ride.
- The yakima holdup 2 bike hitch trailer is very durable.
- Can be installed easily and not difficult to use.
- Versatile. Applicable to any bikes of all kinds and sizes.
- The lock mechanisms were poorly made and designed.
- The placement of the release button not quite applicable.
- Mounting the bikes are quite tricky.
- The bike trailer hitch is quite heavy.
- The cables which are used for locking the bikes are short.
- This bike trailer hitch is very easy to install and very convenient to use.
- The anti sway motion is effective.
- It is very durable.
- Well, its expensive.
- The cables loosens when driving on rough roads.
- Small bikes may be difficult to install.
- This type of bike trailer hitch is easy to install.
- The weight is reasonable.
- No question about its durability
- All the five bikes should be alike. If one is different, for example a woman’s bike, then it is impossible to mount 5 bikes in this bike trailer hitch.
- The device can be unstable when improperly installed.
- Mounting mountain bikes can be slight difficult.
- If you are not planning to mount 5 bikes then just settle for those bike trailer hitch that are smaller than this.