Homemade Mosquito control
Modern technology has brought us many benefits, including mosquito traps that cost hundreds of dollars, but sometimes we overlook simple solutions to difficult challenges such as mosquito control. When it comes to controlling pests, research tends to focus on chemicals or concepts that can be patented. Unless someone can make a profit from an idea, the public may never become aware of it.
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 gram of yeast
- 2-liter plastic bottle
And here’s how to make this awesome homemade mosquito trap:
1. First, Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Then mix the brown sugar into warm water. Let the sugar water stand to cool. When cooled, pour the sugar water into the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Next, add the yeast directly into the water. No need to stir. This action creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes. Mosquitoes love carbon dioxide!
4. Then place the upside down top (funnel like part) , into the other half of the bottle, taping them together.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous mosquito control.